View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 06:57 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by NomarsGirl
Probably stretching the limits of "metro Boston" here, but has anyone ridden in Acadia National Park? Thinking of taking a trip up there in June. Would my road bike be suitable on the carriage roads or would I be restricted to town and the Loop Road?

Ruby has 28 mm tires, but can take wider ones, though I can't find the specs to see what the limit is. Maybe if I put on 32 or 35 mm with some tread on them? The stock tires are pretty smooth. I should learn to change the tires anyway.
A few years ago I posted on this thread:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
This may be one of the northernmost ride descriptions on the Metro Boston thread. For the past two days the family and I have been visiting Toronto, and I’ve rented a bike-share bike, similar to our Hubways.

I think if you were to distill the best features of New York and Boston, you would produce Toronto, at least for cycling…
Many years ago I cycled around Arcadia National Park on a road bike, maybe even with sew-up tires,but not wider than 25C and enjoyed the riding, including to the top of Mount Cadillac.

I’m sure @jimmuller will reply soon, because he seems to do go there frequently.