horatio 
Hump, what hump?

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
It sounds like you already know much of what you need to know and that you have a realistic plan.

The only thing I'd add is that keeping it fun means variety. Doing the same specific work outs each week can get stale. Riding with friends helps let the miles go by, even if the ride isn't a disciplined work-out.

So my limited advice is vary your routes, vary your weekly routine, vary your goals, and at least occasionally, ride with some friends.

You already said it, but keep reminding yourself- it's supposed to be fun. If it's not, change something.
Good advice. Thanks.

I'm still planning the work-out specifics, and it may be awhile before I can buy a power meter, so I'll probably work on increasing endurance for now. The HRM should help with that.

There is a group that meets on Friday evenings in my community for a friendly, low-key ride. Perhaps I'll join them, if they are still active. I know the fast guys are still riding on Wednesdays - I've met them when returning on several rides.
2010 AB T1X ** 2010 Cannondale SIX-5 ** 1993 Cannondale RS900 ** 1988 Bottecchia Team Record ** 1989 Bianchi Brava ** 1988 Nishiki Olympic ** 1987 Centurion Ironman Expert(2) ** 1985 DeRosa Professional SLX ** 1982 Colnago Super ** 1982 Basso Gap ** 198? Ciocc Competition SL ** 19?? Roberts Audax ** 198? Brian Rourke ** 1982 Mercian Olympic ** 1970 Raleigh Professional MK I ** 1952 Raleigh Sports