View Single Post
Old 06-29-19, 02:27 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Just now I encountered a thread about dogs, on the Road Cycling Forum, from 2005,with a couple of new replies. I posted my consternation.
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Oh, that thread has gone to the dogs.

What difference does it really make? There was also a thread that popped up about drive-up windows. An issue that was around a decade ago, and still an issue today...

I'm just as happy to see a few comments in the old thread, and then let it sink down again for another decade as to see a bunch of redundant threads pop up.
Thanks for your reply @CliffordK. Since I had been participating on this thread, I was at least amused to encounter that old thread on a recurrent topic resurrected after so many years. Shortly after my post, three consecutive subscribers commented similarly, e.g.
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
14 YO dog thread still not locked.
I guess my dismay about reading and uncovering a zombie thread is that I was fooled again.
Originally Posted by Nachoman
Crap. I fell for it and started reading the 10 year old essay. I wish zombie threads were easier to identify.
As posted earlier this thread,
Originally Posted by jimincalif
Something that would help - restore the date started info to the thread listing, like we had before the 2018 software “upgrade”…
Originally Posted by Iride01
@jimincalif -- That was my first and pretty much only annoyance with the new forum format when they introduced that. They said that they would put that feature back, but we are still waiting.