View Single Post
Old 06-29-19, 09:14 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18352 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Thanks for your reply @CliffordK. Since I had been participating on this thread, I was at least amused to encounter that old thread on a recurrent topic resurrected after so many years.
I haven't been on the forum for a decade yet, but it is still interesting when I see a quote of something I wrote 5 years ago or so.

And, on occasion, users will dig up something very specific to what I've written in the past. For example a few weeks ago there was someone commenting about Tannus tires which I've used, and posted about a few years ago.

Resurrecting the dead thread is a method to get people who were interested in the topic earlier, back on line.

As far as recognizing zombie threads, it is easy enough. If a thread pops up that I don't remember with 5 pages of comments and a few users that I don't recognize, then I'll simply check the post dates, then jump to the end to check out the new content.

Thread start dates wouldn't hurt. Color code it if one wishes (green for < 1 year, red for > 1 year) although it may be more complex to determine active old threads vs inactive ones. "Are you Looking" or "Wacky" threads?