Old 08-18-19, 08:48 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3190 Post(s)
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by TXsailor
I and have been sidelined for a bit I had a cataract removed and a Toric lens put in my left eye yesterday. I know most of the Irongents are a little older than the average cyclist so maybe it is of interest to some. So far I have mixed feelings about it. I can see better at distance from that eye but bright lights make a glare like streak so that kind of sucks, maybe it will go away. My near vision is not real good yet in that eye and sucks in the eye that is still original so I am having a little trouble reading. The doc said my near vision will take several days to improve. On the bright side he said I can ride in the Hotter 'N Hell 100 that is just a week away. He and his nurse both ride so I am taking his word for it. If anyone is interested in how things turn out PM me or ask here. I get the right eye done in three weeks and am hoping I have X-ray vision like I always wanted when I saw the adds in the back of the comic books. If it was available then for a few dollars that you could earn from selling Grit magazine just think of what I can have now for a few thousand more.
Hopefully things work out. What's the projected weather for the HNH? Really hot, or D@m hot? My brother said it's been hot up there lately.
On an unrelated note, our training run yesterday morning started out overcast, 72 degrees, 92% humidity and fog. So soupy, my glasses stayed fogged up nearly the whole run. At the end my shoes were filled with so much moisture, I thought I had been running in the rain.
On a somewhat related note, a runner got hit last weekend. The car blew a light, hit her then took off. The police are looking for the car. The runner suffered some broken bones and related injuries, but will recover. Be careful out there. The drivers don't care.