View Single Post
Old 10-10-19, 12:21 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
As one who's long been into cycling (enjoy all disciplines) and motorcycles (dirt to road, closed course), I really dig the e-bike and rapid evolution.

As expected from the majority of US motor vehicle drivers being anti-bicyclist, the e-bike is a hard sell here.

Though I find it typical too of the narrow minded cyclist today whom shun them, yet have never even test ridden. Its another transporter that may not fit ones lifestyle, and if they had any respect should shut up.

These 'motorbikes' are important in many ways, largely in other countries and for low income the only means of efficient transportation.

A few things I would like to address:

Mandatory liability insurance.

Mega fines for ALL cyclist breaking laws such as blowing traffic controlled intersections. And fot the drunks who ride and continually break laws should be put to labor work, building bikeways rather than fined (because they don't pay them anyways).

Allow mister megawatt cycle owner to enjoy his ride -no limits or govt. controls on these lightweight electric 'motorbikes' but DO enforce speeds, proper passing reg's on public trails, bicycle / pedestrian paths, etc..

Allow all e-bikes as non motorized on public trails. I ride some trails in a very wealthy county that rarely are used by cyclist or hikers. Much as I enjoy them, its a disgusting waste of taxpayers funds. Beautiful underpasses under limited travel county roads, each costing a $mil. or more. E-bikes are considered motorbikes and not permitted. Nor are these paths permitted to be ridden at night.

This would alleviate some road congestion and likely help sell / support the failing bicycle industry. And it case you're wondering, its almost 2020 and the US cycling industry is crumbling.

Last edited by crank_addict; 10-10-19 at 12:27 PM.