Old 10-21-19, 03:05 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18379 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by 2_i
My BF experience is with New World Tourist and their suitcase trailer. Both products might be fine for a diehard bike enthusiast but not for a person who has no interest of getting into technical issues. If I take Dahon or Brompton, Radical Design trailer, they are products ready for an interested general consumer. My wife would go nuts if she were to take apart NWT for travel and even loading NWT into a car is a bit of a nightmare. Incidentally, this was when I earned my Brompton - we were loading her Brompton into a car and my NWT and she looked at that and concluded that I should be getting a Brompton too - I couldn't be happier to comply.
I bought a Tikit that needs a bit of tuning, but I haven't really been too excited to ride it. But, I think that should be quick to get the basic fold, although I'm not sure it fits into my older Samsonite.

I'd love to try their new Pakit.

But, yes, I agree the Pocket Rocket is good, but not perfect. Packing it for transport in the suitcase requires a lot of disassembly and reassembly. Just getting the clamp for the rearend and seatpost lined up is always a slight hassle.

Still, you're right, the Brompton double fold looks very compact.