View Single Post
Old 02-16-21, 08:54 AM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
I have an e bike on the drawing boards that I intend to build within the next couple years that uses a Rohloff hub. Many bikes have been built this way and it seems to be a good solid system.
The intended purpose of my build would be to obtain a comfortable very long distance remote fat touring bike. I have priced it out at between $8,500 and $11,200 depending on what I decide on. Would start with a big titanium cargo frame purpose built with Bafang M620 drive and Phase Runner MT-CA3 controls. 2.9Kwh to 4.2Kwh 52 volt system. Mastodon Fork. Very strong alloy wheels, Jone's Ti riser bars, Infinity Saddle, Thompson dropper, Full fenders/lights, Ortilieb bags. The price varies because of the possibility of going with a more conventional drive train and add-ons like reverse cycle climate control and an Xtra wheel mate type trailer. In short, the ultimate touring bike.
Priorities in the wrong place. Maybe, I drive a 2wd, 2011 Ford Ranger XLT 4 banger stick shift.