View Single Post
Old 03-20-21, 06:57 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
How many units of Rohloff hub equipped ebikes do you sell vs regular geared or mid-drive ebikes?
We sell probably at least 50 Rohloff bikes a year (in our at least 4th year of selling Rohloff equipped bikes) and maybe more and potentially more now that Tern has a Rohloff Equipped bike. In terms of comparison to other R+M bikes it is probably less on the derailleur side and more Vario and Rohloff with Rohloff generally being the bigger seller. On par with other bikes sold it is probably more derailleur bikes but probably a good 60+% of bikes we have are derailleur equipped. We have done quite a few IGHs though running the gamut from cheaper nexus units to Enviolo to Rohloff and stuff in between. Certainly if a customer can they will likely go Rohloff but sometimes budget won't quite stretch or more range is preferred so the dual battery is more important than the drivetrain. Though I have had some folks say, let's do the whole kit and kaboodle because once you ride the e-14 you really don't want to quit.

Also to update I have ordered my SuperCharger2 Rohloff HS with the 1250wh batteries, I didn't think I would be doing that so early in the year but I was able to get financing so it was attainable. I will eventually be able to post a long term review. However in the short term of my test riding various bikes with E-14 I was sold easily and our regulars at the shop love theirs and are putting some serious miles on them. We have one guy who has I think over 5k miles in about a year (I only know because we got to chatting when he brought it in for a tune up) and probably will put in a lot more especially now he is looking for bikes for his wife and daughter to go riding and touring. The people with the Enviolo stuff still love their bikes but are more interested in Rohloff now seeing the limitations of the system they have with their higher mileage riding.