Old 02-07-14, 07:56 AM
bbbean 

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cannondale SuperX, Univega Alpina Ultima

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by KonaRider125
Howdy, new member here and new to the sport of cycling. I bought a Kona Splice hybrid bike about 6 months ago and I am really enjoying it and have caught the cycling bug. I've been getting in better shape and going for longer and longer rides, all on paved roads. I am thinking I made a wrong choice getting a hybrid and should have bought a full on road bike. My question is this, will I get a significant advantage in cycling efficiency going to a mid range quality road bike? My primary uses are 20-40 mile rides a couple times a week, and more if I have the time.

As I said, very new to this sport and I would like to get more into it and have the best bike for me.

Thoughts, opinions, and advice greatly appreciated.
I was exactly where you are about a year ago, bought a road bike, and haven't looked back since. My hybrid now sits idle 90% of the time, and only gets used for slow rides with the wife or runs to the grocery store (it has a rack). I LOVE my road bike, and routinely ride distances and speeds that I'd never ride on the hybrid. This spring I'm starting to race, and will be riding a few centuries. THAT wouldn't have happened on the hybrid.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies!

BB

Formerly fastest rider in the grupetto, currently slowest guy in the peloton