Old 07-05-17, 05:53 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by KneelingAtlas
I have kept the suspension locked since day one because I don't feel I need it for the roads I ride. I've thought about researching a front for swap but I'd have no idea where to begin or if it's even a good idea.
If you want to change your fork, you'll be looking for what is commonly called a "suspension corrected" fork. These forks are much taller than standard forks, and will be approximately the same length as your current fork in its locked-out configuration. The headlining dimension is the axle-to-crown length, which is the distance between your axle centerline up to the fork crown, where it enters the headtube of the frame. That length will dictate which replacement forks will work for you. You also need to be mindful of the type of headset you have (looks like a 1-1/8" threadless) and the steerer tube length (from the crown to the very top of the fork, where the cap nut is).

Your local bike shop may have a catalog with various options; they can take measurements of your bike and current fork and figure out exactly what you'll need.