Old 07-20-17, 05:36 AM
downeaster59

Bikes: Cannondale Quick CX 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rubm
I can't speak for the Cannondale and Specialized bikes as I have not looked into them due to their higher price points. But a couple wweek ago I tried the 2017 Trek DS2 and the 2017 Giant Roam 2; I ended up buying the Roam 2. These 2 bikes are comparable and have similar ride qualities. However on paper the Roam 2 appears to have better components in my opinion and the price point of Roam 2 is lower too. I was told that Giant has their very own bike factory in Taiwan. However Trek does not but Trek also manufactures in Taiwan.

Overall the Roam 2 is more bike for the money than DS2, but since it is not a big dollar difference it is up to you to try both and see which one seduces you more

I have been riding my 2017 Giant Roam 2 for a couple weeks and I am fully satisfied with its performance. I do road, unpaved trails, and occasionally some light Mountain Bike trails! I was told by the Giant store that the Roam is not suitable for Mountain biking and I should avoid it, however I just can't help it. Obviously I have to limit my speed going downhill in MTB trails and choose my path carefully to avoid large rocks and stumps, however I do no shy away from the very small jumps. So far I have not had any issues!

Good luck.
Last week, I went to an LBS that carries Giant and Cannondale, and told the guy that I was interested in a hybrid bike. I planned to do a mix of riding like yours. He showed me the Quick CX 4, but, oddly, never even mentioned the Giant Roam that I could see right in front of me. They didn't have a Giant in stock in my frame size (L), as it turned out, so I didn't get to test ride one. I did ride the Quick CX 4. I liked it a lot, and got it for a good price ($599). I don't know how the components compare with the Roam, but I've been very pleased with the CX 4. I've heard only good things about the Roam, but if someone goes for the CX 4, they'll have a good bike, too.