Old 11-22-19, 02:17 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by gevad
Very nice! Terrific paint job!
Thank you! I actually went with this build specifically for the color. I knew the Di2 was going to be moved so the groupset didn't matter much to me. It's my alma mater's colors (well, very close to it, as close as I can get without paying for a custom paint job). The frames for the Revolt are the same quality up and down the line, just the groupset, tires, and paint jobs differ.

But I will say this, the 105 groupset I'm keeping in a box for future use (whereas for the lowest build Tiagra I'd have probably tried to eBay for cheap). I've gotten fairly decent at fixing and maintaining my bikes, but one thing I've never done is built one up complete. At some point in the future I'll buy an inexpensive frame, maybe even a steel one, and put the 105 on it.

Originally Posted by texbiker
Nice looking bike. I take it that you have a secure place to hold this at the end of your commute. Otherwise the thieves will be licking their lips.
Yes indeed: my office, which is located deep inside my office building. Someone would have to walk through (and by) a lot of people (who all know me and my bikes) in order to walk out with it...and be on security cameras the whole way. Luckily I get along with my coworkers so they'd have my back. Ours is not a public building, so there's really rarely ever anyone not affiliated with our workplace (or an official visitor) who would even get within 100' of the Revolt.