Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by UmneyDurak
My company has been WFH for last two weeks. Until this week it wasn't enforced. So if your manager was OK with it could come in. After SIP went out for the county no more of that either.
Grabbed two monitors and my ergo keyboard/mouse and been WFH all week. Honestly not that much different than being in the office. Only downside is I can't just walk down few cubicles and talk to a coworker about technical question and whatnot, and ******g Comcast keeps going down. So I have to hot spot. Only thing that would have made this better if I could take desktop home instead of remote desktop in to it over VPN.
I've got four direct reports. One just came back from Dubai and I have to figure out how to get her desktop set up at home. I think IT can install the VPN client not I'm not 100% yet.

Other guy I don't trust to not goof off and I have to keep a serious eye on (he's on an improvement plan for poor productivity and stealing time), also has a desktop he was figuring out how to take home on Friday. He managed to do basically nothing for about 5 hours before calling IT with a computer issue to finally try to fix it. I'm trying to cut people slack right now though so I didn't make a thing of it.

Other two have laptops and took docking stations and monitors and stuff, and are my better employees. I'm considering retrieving my entire setup, but right now I have the laptop and one monitor, no docking station. If this goes on I'll have to get a more permanent set up though.
Likes For Flatballer: