Old 09-24-05, 01:41 PM
CagerTools
done with civilization

Bikes: Xtracycle connected to a Schwinn Sport Hybrid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey All,

Yea it takes me about 15-20 minutes, counting the time to take my bike down the stairs, traffic lights, and all that. I don't go super fast, but I keep it at a decent speed.

I find most people are respectful, as people do bike more here...its one of the more "bike friendly" places in the US.

Although the first time out, a truck ahead of me, probably 30 feet, swerved into the bike lane.. I think he was trying to be an @$$hole or something. It does irk me though, to think... what if some guy is not paying attention, on his cell phone, and swerves into the bike lane and runs me over?

Honestly, what is the chance of this happening?

Because if it does happen frequently, I guess I don't mind driving... I just don't want to get hurt or die.

But in any case, I find it fun to ride, and pass people multiple times, while they get stuck in traffic.

I got myself a helmet... AND, since I got a flat BOTH times I've commuted so far (i have the worst luck), I purchased some thorn resistant tubes. I also got a little LED light for the front, and some reflector type sticker things on the back.

I spent around 80 bucks or so for all that... and I figure, if I can keep from driving for at least a few months, I will have saved that much in gas...

My biggest fear when starting to bike commute, was that people would hate me for biking... I don't know why I thought that. In reality, people are just minding their own business driving places, most I think are respectful, or just aware, of you. Of course I'm sure I'll encounter a few people who want to be annoying or whatever.