Old 11-10-20, 06:00 PM
Gresp15C

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked 665 Times in 421 Posts
Originally Posted by Cacti
Interesting OP because I'm literally just taking a break from putting my first bike together (my wheel is rubbing against the disc pads, so if anyone can help me out with that I'd greatly appreciate it!)

I have many of the same questions you pose. I live in AZ where I swim in the summer because it's unimaginably hot and was looking for a winter activity other than hiking. I hate treadmills, running, or even walking. I thought I might enjoy some of the very things you mentioned that you now say does nothing for you. Really hope I'm different. I love fresh air and hoping that adding a little speed makes biking more fun than running for me. There are also tons of trails and bike paths to explore where I live. Otherwise, your post is utterly depressing for someone who's been totally amped to go on their first

Now if I can just get the front wheel to stop rubbing..
Each person's experience is unique, and so I would not worry about the OP. I'd worry about the wheel. So far as I know there are good online tutorials about adjusting disc brakes. All I can really suggest is that there is no rule for how long it will take to get over your muscles getting used to a new activity, so be patient with yourself.