Old 11-10-20, 07:11 PM
Cacti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Gresp15C
Each person's experience is unique, and so I would not worry about the OP. I'd worry about the wheel. So far as I know there are good online tutorials about adjusting disc brakes. All I can really suggest is that there is no rule for how long it will take to get over your muscles getting used to a new activity, so be patient with yourself.
Not to derail the thread, but I just took it out for my first spin. Honestly, the bike feels like what I paid for it. Cheap.. It's a Gravity LTD27 MTB. I almost fell off the damn thing . I haven't ridden a bike since I was 17

It's also a 21 speed, which I have no idea how to use. I got the chain on the middle wheel in front and shifted up from there and that's pretty much all I wanted to do. But how freely are the wheels supposed to spin? I can hear the front wheel rubbing when I was putting it together. But then I also heard a similar sound coming from the back wheel, which was already put on at the factory. I would think you'd want those wheels spinning with zero friction, I hate to take it in to the bike shop, since it will probably cost me almost as much as I paid for the bike to have them fix it ($250). Also, the back tire isn't inflating. The front tire went fine with a foot pump. But maybe the back tire needs a stronger burst of air to set properly?

I doubt anyone can answer my questions here, but I've gotten no response in the mechanics section yet. Good riding!