Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
Originally Posted by MNHarv
No, but that one is pretty obvious. Ask yourself what motivates some people. Especially from middle age on. Mid life crisis convertibles? Trying to recapture a youth which one might think was unfulfilled? Not just a nice looking or riding motorcycle but one that stands out like the proverbial king of credit card badassery. They didn't even ride that well because they were ungainly. Poorly designed. (there were exceptions but few) I saw a lot of them on trailers on the way out to Sturgis, but magically, but the time we were nearing Pierre SD, The ones on trailers were being unloaded to ride in. If that's one's thing, I guess...

I won't recommend rereading Freud because I think he got it wrong. But then if enough people read it and believe it, they tend to sort of live it out. It doesn't become right, per se, but it becomes accepted. (do I need to spell out why?)

If you (and others) don't see the symbolism I can think of three reasons. Which would also mean you don't see the beta male style competition that often happens at intersections LOL. But you will now because I put it in your head to watch for it. And in the rarified occasions when it does and you catch it you'll think, Dammit, that ass on Bike Forums told me this would happen.

Nietzsche, on the other hand, that guy was prophetic. ASZ is even better if you can find a copy in his original, what we'd call Old German. That's how I first discovered Neitzsche and I'm grateful for that.

So.. you been mansplained enough? You hate me? Good.

Since this thread is all over the place I'll ask. What was the last Harley model you rode?