View Single Post
Old 03-04-21, 08:56 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
Originally Posted by sloar
So what do you guys do when your done riding for the day on tours. I remember my last solo tour and boredom was a bear. The riding was great, but when I was done for the day I was bored to death. It was usually to hot to sleep. What keeps you busy while not on the bike?
I found a brewery with the touring pals I rode with. I'm kidding, the brewery was plan A for dinner!

You could try writing and curating a log of the journey. I know sifting through photos for the cream of the crop takes time. You don't even have to share it. Our day to day concerns and trials are so miniscule over the arc of our lives, that taking time to look at them months or years later can show them to be almost comical.

"Saw another guy on tour today. I waved but he didn't wave back. What a jerk. On another note, Going-to-the-Sun Road was fun, but long climb..."