Old 07-30-19, 02:47 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by jppe
Either the TdF podium gals are super tall or the riders are way shorter than average. The podium girls were standing beside the winners and also a step lower. The girls were taller than all the winners except for Sagan.

They must recruit from the French basketball team????

I enjoyed catching most of the tour this year. Seemed like unexpected results almost every day. Bob Roll did a nice job. The analysts did a decent job as well. Horner seemed to get more comfortable the last couple weeks. Christian made an excellent point today that if Thomas had been in yellow after the individual TT that the team would have ridden for him and he would have been the winner. Alaphilippe rode really well and changed the outcome of the race.

I still don’t see how those guys produce the Watts they do for 21 days. Incredible athletes.

I had had a friend that was in France riding some of the routes during the tour. He loved it.
A combination of both I believe.

Most of the riders are tiny, like jockeys. I saw somewhere that Richie Porte rides a 48 frame! I am 5'11' and ride a 56. This guy must be like 5'2''! They are complaining that Sagan is a beast at around 155lbs! Some think if he lost 10 kilos he could win the Tour, but that is a lot of weight. Usually the climbers are like 120-130lbs. Valverde was down to like 126 at this years tour and folks thought he had cancer he was so thin.

It is a power to weight ration thing. Froome and TJ to mention just two are the exceptions being tall. Most of the these guys are pocket rockets so it is no wonder when they stand next to anyone that is average in height, they look like little kids.

john