Old 08-31-14, 01:14 PM
MikeRides

Bikes: Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Cychologist
I am 69 y.o. and could care less what random strangers think of how I look. I wear bicycle specific clothing because it is functional and comfortable. I tend to choose the loud, colorful jerseys, because I want to be seen out on the road. (I have at least two dozen I wear.)

If someone wants to be a "Fred", and bike in regular shorts and tee shirts, I don't care. Just don't assume I am pretending to be training for the Tour de France, just because I wear comfortable, functional cycling garb. (At my age, I no longer train, I just ride--over 3,000 miles so far this year.)
After 2500 miles I'm still perfectly comfortable in regular shorts and wicking t-shirts. My daughter was having comfort issues on the bike so I bought her some padded bike shorts and a (cool-wicking) jersey, she loves the jersey(and her glowing reviews has me thinking about buying one) but the shorts didn't help with the discomfort after 40 miles. I would never judge someone by what they are wearing. I definitely wouldn't stereotype anyone in lyrica as a "wannabe", just like I don't appreciate people like yourself stereotyping people like myself as "Freds" just because we have no preference to look like everyone else.

Wear what is comfortable for you and just ride!