Old 05-05-19, 11:17 AM
CyclesMakaron

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 396 Times in 259 Posts
Eddy Merckx catalogs 1980 - 1987

"... not everyone starts right away from the white album ..."

- first, well-released catalog (and actually a guide on the factory EM Cycles - 12 pages:
- 1 : correct logo (colored stripes are interchanged, confused etc. - see stickers, t-shirts and gadgets on eBay i.e.)
- 2 : photo and merit list
- 3 : Cannibal and introduction
- 4 /5 : we start sightseeing and we watch people at work: few people, work a lot.
- 6/7 : it starts to be interesting: on the top left - the final finishing positions of frames, that is where the frames and forks were marked with all factory markings ( Decoding of Eddy Merckx frames ); below: two attentive men and a BB cover "=" Romani style; next to: SSC "signature"; on top right: bicycle assembly station - in 1980-1982 EMC sold only ready bikes (with Campagnolo Super Record gruppo).
- 8 : top right - "long" lugs"; at the bottom: a draft directly copied from the De Rosa catalog.
- 9 : legendary photo: 5 bikes (short lugs), proud owner of the factory and 2 versions of the logo in the background.
- 10/11 : Eddy Merckx road bike i track bike ( short lugs, SSC "signature" or flat )
- 12 : adress Quiz: what is missing in the EMC factory? paint room ... at the beginning of the activity (and as you can see a bit later too) EM bike were painted outside the factory - knows where? In the report from March / April 1981, a frames painting at the EMC factory is already written, but there are no photos.
Based on visible details (or not visible yet - SSC "logo" i.e.), this publication can be dated ~ February 1981.
t.b.c.
Likes For CyclesMakaron: