View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 08:41 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,698 Times in 2,518 Posts
Fougeres. The card stamping is in the building behind the main bike parking at the top of the hill. There is food available in that building, but if you want to go to the cafeteria, it's the first building you pass on the left on the way in. There is bike parking next to the cafeteria, but ride past it to get your card stamped I remember that you have to climb out of the control in both directions. On the way back, I had a beer, and my legs felt like lead for a while. The lines for food weren't bad here, things had spread out by that time. Apparently the sleeping here is in dorm rooms. It just moved up a notch on my 3rd night sleep stop list. Probably not though, it will be daylight on the way back. I guess some speedy folks make it back to here on the second day. That just seems like failure to fully enjoy the ride.

Somewhere around mile 590, about 10 miles after the Fougeres control on the way back, there is Paul Rouge's crepes tent. All he wants in return is a postcard, but it's fairly evident he doesn't get many. Please send him one. I didn't see it on the way to Brest, not sure he was open then. The address is hidden in this post.
Paul ROGUE
16 rue de Bretagne
La Tannière
53220 Saint-Berthevin-la-Tannière
France
Attached Images
File Type: png
fougeres.png (858.7 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by unterhausen; 07-12-19 at 12:41 PM.