Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cb400bill View Post
Any new suggestions for 27" tires?
Iím not going to read back over the thread history, but I have over 4,000 commuting miles on a pair of Bontrager T1s, $20/pc at the LBS, in 27 x 1 1/4. I didnít get many flats, they have excellent traction wet and dry, and at around a pound per tire theyíre far from the heaviest out there. Great value. 100psi rating, I generally rode them between 70-80. Theyíre a little dead feeling below that. They were starting to show some cracking so I replaced them, wanted to try some Paselas for a long time but couldnít kill the T1s.

Paselas are wonderful tires but I donít have enough miles on my pair to comment on durability. This time I got 27 x 1 1/8, wire bead, black sidewall, $25/pc at my LBS. I have no idea what pressure I have in them, my gauge quit a month ago and I havenít replaced it, but Iím pretty sure theyíre less than 70-80. I figure so long as I donít pinch flat theyíre OK, and I havenít yet, and they are still so fast and comfortable. Amazing tires really.

Edit: for reference (re pressures) Iím around 180 lbs.

Later edit: I first clicked on go to last page so I didnít see the updated list on the first page. Sorry then that I didnít have any new options to give. But please consider my post an endorsement for the sticky status of the thread as I am one of many who enjoy 27Ē wheel bikes and there are still a lot of them left to enjoy as long as we can still get nice tires. And also the tires I mentioned really are still nice tires for the $$.

Last edited by Phamilton; 08-23-19 at 12:00 AM.