View Single Post
Old 08-01-14, 10:08 AM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is something in the air on this coast too @jimmuller. I have had a seemingly increase in unaware drivers this week. Also cyclists acting like complete space cadets. In two blocks Wednesday I saw three cyclists turn right, directly into the path of oncoming traffic. I yelled at them to watch out, the drivers of the cars appreciated me berating other cyclists based upon their smiles.

I had a woman in a van come awful close and honk at me this morning, when the real crux was the guy on the cell phone not going on the green. I still might call her in for information purposes. She had aggression in her eyes and I do not think it would take much more to swipe someone.

Yesterday was filled with enough yahoo's I honestly thought about driving today.

But I biked and it was nice. A few blocks from home my son remember he needed to bring his backpack for the daycare field trip to the lake. I had no idea he needed and he remembered all on his own. I was impressed and we were only two blocks from home.

We (I) pedaled nice and leisurely. I tried to explain how energy is transferred between objects. It was still over his head. He cannot yet make the connections between energy transfer from photosynthesis to how it applies to pedaling a bike and all intermediaries. He is still ahead of kids in HS and university I have taught, or so it seems.

A ride home tonight and then a week off, not sure what I will do not biking. My in-laws did get a spin bike, maybe I will work on my cadence.

edit: I rode by some accident debris this morning. It was a motorcycle and car based on debris. I think (emphatic hope) it was a car hit a parked motorcycle. I know that a Honda Shadow is always parked around the debris, but I failed to notice the motorcycle today. I hope all are okay.

Last edited by joeyduck; 08-01-14 at 10:18 AM. Reason: addition.