Old 06-06-11, 09:00 PM
nixternal
Fat man in a little coat

Bikes: Trek 7.3 FX, Trek 1.2T

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While we are talking racing here, let me go over my thoughts of the 3 races I did at Masters last week.

Day 1 - South loop
I sucked! I actually blew a shoe and scare the hell out of everyone as I was actually up front digging up that little incline before the right turn to the start/finish. When the buckle busted I flew left. I closed my eyes and squeezed my cheeks. People thought it was my tire that blew, still finished top 20.

Day 2 - North loop
I sucked! Riding with my new shoes I decided to just hang out in the back and ride. The guys up front had something else in mind so I let them do their thing. I hung out and did laps with a Bike Heaven dude that Rob coaches. Cool guy, finished 11th.

Day 3 - Combined course
I sucked! Rich Vichotka or whatever his name is, somehow made his way into our peloton. After realizing that everyone around him was 75 years younger, he decided to pull off and pinch me and about 6 others into the curb. At that point I said the hell with it and didn't even feel like chasing to get back on. The other 6 did chase, and lap after lap I passed them before getting lapped myself. Another top 20 finish.

So now, let the truth be told. My 11th place on Sunday/Day 2 was out of 11 I had cement in my legs and wasn't going to do anything. I went for a prime and that was all she wrote. Monday was sketch fest. Even the old cat 5's can't ride to save their ass. And the guy who won the overall, or as PSIMET puts, the best of the worst, can't sprint to save his life. He started out on the right, went to the left, back to the right. He looked ridiculous trying to sprint. This same guy also pulled a top 10 overall in the 50+. Can you say sandbagger?

Signed up to get dropped at the Villas next month. Can't wait!