View Single Post
Old 12-02-15, 06:52 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ygduf
Cat 1 is the only upgrade where some cat-6 guy asked me what category I raced and they seemed genuinely impressed. For that alone the years of work and toil were worth it.

It also proves definitively that self-coaching is the way to go.

I think people upgrading however they want is a fine goal. I hope 2->1 is never achievable via masters-only racing only because I selfishly like having that 1 and I prefer it remain as hard to get as possible.
any upgrade is impressive. a cat 1 shows deep commitment on multiple levels. people should be proud of hard work to achieve a goal.

i agree that the points system shouldn't be based on age-adjusted performances, which then grant entry to non-age-restricted stuff.

late starter in the sport? well...it's not a participation thing. live in an area where there isn't 3 options to race every weekend? tough.

you beat 45yo cat 1s in a 45+ 1/2/3 race? you don't race the NRC.

(takes nothing away from that win....lots of masters racers are insanely good...but it doesn't warrant the upgrade IMO.)

i wonder what the stats are on # of legacy 1s (who don't race p1 any more) vs active 1s who have been in a p/1 race in the current year.