View Single Post
Old 05-20-13, 02:31 PM
chico81 

Bikes: 1983 Austro Daimler - Puch Pacifica, 1984 Miyata 310, 1983 Univega Gran Tourismo, 1989 Peugeot Triathlon, 1989 Bridgestone MB-1, 1992 Klein Rascal, 1992 Cannondale M-700

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by kc0yef
how about a picture from the other side showing the components?
Unfortunately, I was a little over-eager to dismantle it and I did not take any other before photos. But, I did list the components above:

It has a blue swirly Sekai head badge and a "Criterium" badge on the top tube.

Ishiwata 022 tubing.
Serial # K8E10175
Sugino Mighty Comp crankset.
Suntour dropouts and fork ends.
Taihei Compe seatpost and Compe Forged stem.
Suntour Gt rear derailer and Suntour SL front derailer.
Diacompe center-pull brakes.
MKS pedals.
Sakae Custom SR Road Champion bars.
UKAI Alloy QR wheels.

All of the alloy components have a thin layer of oxidation and minor pitting, nothing a quick cleaning and/or polishing cant take care of. However, the steel and chrome components (rear derailer, brake cable clamps, shift cable clamps, etc.) are quite rusty. I am currently giving them a vinegar bath to remove the rust, and I plan on completely overhauling them and then maybe spraying them with chrome/silver paint or getting them re-chromed if it isn't too expensive (I am a grad student so funds are low!). The frame is a bit rusty in spots as well, If I do have a 4000 I think that I might invest in media blasting it. To me, based on this article: http://www.velo-pages.com/main.php?g2_itemId=517 it looks like the frame might actually be a pre-1975 4000 Criterium, but I am new to Sekai.