elocs
Señor Member

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
My street is now OPEN!!! To bike and foot traffic, at least. Several blocks have been closed since September 13th for sewer repairs, creating a huge detour for anyone wanting to walk or bike (or drive) in and out of the neighborhood. There were basically giant cement tubes and machines blocking the sidewalks and piles of dirt everywhere. Another project had my neighborhood blocked up between May and late July.

Ahhhh look at that beautiful sight...so nice to walk rather than bike detouring onto less friendly streets!

I haven't been down that street for awhile but I spent a lot of time around that intersection as a kid some 50 years ago and then when I was in college when I shared an apartment with 4 other guys.
There have been some new houses built between F and M streets to encourage new families to move into the neighborhood but most of them replaced large houses like that big blue one in the picture and they were once single family homes because when you were having 6, 8, 10, or 12 kids you need somewhere to put them all.
In your picture is the place where I first rode my bike when I learned how to ride on my own.