Thread: Ebikes anyone
View Single Post
Old 06-26-19, 06:19 PM
FolderBeholder

Bikes: 1963 Schwinn, EuroMini Urbano, Magnum Premium 48, Brompton S6L, Tokyo Bike Mini-Velo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 29 Posts
I have 3 bikes...a Brompton, a Euro Mini, and a Magnum Premium 48 electric folder. My wife has an identical selection of bicycles.

I like them all, but frankly the ebike is my least favorite of the three. Why? I can’t really put my finger on it, except to say I feel like it really moves me from the intrinsic simplicity a good ol’ bicycle provides. Are they fun? YES.

That said, I’m 60, and have an artificial hip which isnt always “in the mood” for riding a traditional bicycle, at which point the ebike is a welcome member of my bicycle stable.

At the end of the day, the Missus and I have discussed thinning the herd and selling these, but we aren’t convinced we won’t be relying on these more and more as time marches on so we’ll keep them.

Regardless, ebikes are here to stay and put people BACK on two wheels that haven’t been on for a long time, and likely will keep people on two wheels longer than they would be without ebikes so thats a plus.