View Single Post
Old 10-31-18, 07:20 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Liked 3,865 Times in 2,312 Posts
Originally Posted by 1-track-mind
My "name" actually pertains to singletrack, which is my focus. My mother is dead and did not call me anything due to dementia for her last 3 years. How condescending do you want to get, without really knowing me ? LMK when that bubble gum frame comes out.
I owe 1-track-mind an apology. I went into a personal side I should have avoided. What I was trying to get at was the rather narrow view he (and I apologize if 1-track-mind is female) was taking in that carbon frame design wasn't going to handle loaded touring bike needs. That I drifted into a pet peeve of mine is my mistake (other groups I belong to require real names and locations on sign off. better to limit the discourse to positive levels). I do stand by my suggestions that carbon can be designed to do more then it is currently doing. It will take the market to make that viable and then manufactures will spend the time/money to do so. As to the bubble gum frame- when the market wants it someone will make it. But like fat bikes with their mega wide "Q" factor I suspect I wouldn't be comfy on what is likely the amount of bubble gum that would be needed to attain the strength. Andy