Old 11-03-18, 05:30 PM
BigAura

Bikes: all steel stable: surly world troller, paris sport fixed, fuji ss

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by DTG
I'll come back to this with my Renegade Elite packed out (picture). When I rode the Discovery Trail I had my tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, socks, rain pants, jacket, gloves, lights, two pairs of pants, 3 tshirts, 2 long sleeve shirts, 2 cycling caps, toiletries, msr stove/pan, some food (bought food to eat daily), etc. As I mentioned earlier in the posting, I ran with a arkel rollerpacker in the front/rear, RD frame bag, jerry can, feed bag (2), gas tank, 2 salsa anything hd cages and just in case I needed more room (never needed it), I had the arkel dry-lites. I would say I had about 25 lbs worth of gear.
Cool. As far as gear weight, its always good to have a gear list (with weights) or at least a final packed & ready gross weights. Estimates are not always accurate

Here's my current fully-loaded gear list very similar to my Alaska trip (my tent & sleep system were a bit heavier at the time). This is the list I'd pack for living months on the road, including hot and/or cold weather, plus grizzly bear habitats.

Here's my gear list for my light-weight, mild weather, 2-week tour on the C&O trail and into the West Virginia hills. My OLD 1970's steel bike is what I rode. It's about 25lbs, which is not to bad compared to 21lbs on the Renegade

Last edited by BigAura; 11-03-18 at 06:00 PM.