View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 08:16 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8, Biria 700C ST-8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked 508 Times in 322 Posts
Re: getting waved through. About a week ago on the MUP, as I approached a street crossing (Walden Ave) there was a Sheriff car there waving me to go ahead. He was passing from right to left. Usually In a case like this I don’t go. Maybe stop and fiddle with my pedals or something, better than trust a driver. But since he was a cop, I went ahead and turned left in front of him. I took the lane since this was a blind left curve and well he was a cop after all.

He went ahead and passed me by getting totally into the left lane. As he passed I yelled “P** F*****”. At the stop sign he rolled down his window and I yelled “why are you passing me on a blind curve?”
His response: “that was safe”. So I responded with some more porcine based abuse. It was clearly not safe since he could not see approaching traffic.

I knew at that intersection he would go straight because that’s where the county line is and I was going to turn right into the city limits. I restrained myself from using the finger but. Come on, cops, try to be a little reasonable.