Old 09-19-20, 09:32 AM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
Back in the '90s, I was an avid Rivendell follower! I used to pore over the catalog if for nothing else than the hilarious product descriptions. I did think that many of their bikes had an "old timey" look to them but I had an appreciation for the construction materials and methods. At the time, the bikes and many items in the catalog were too pricey for me but I did purchase many cycling related (and some not so) items from Rivendell that weren't readily available nearly anywhere else.
RE: GP's ideas on cycling clothing, I clearly "cherry picked" some of the concepts and totally disagreed with others. To me, padded cycling shorts (either the mountain biker or road racer type) are essential for enjoyable riding. Cycling shoes (for any of the cycling modes) with clipless cleats, are a must have. I have found that long sleeved wool jerseys are very beneficial as the temps start to fall. I also found long sleeved seersucker button down "dress" shirts to make for comfortable riding. Many will say "Fred-like" I'm sure 🙂.
For some reason, I kinda fell out of the habit of reading Rivendell articles. Maybe other aspect of life just got in the way. This thread however, may be the "shove" I've needed to get back into the groove. Even tho many say that the Rivendell bikes are bargains, I still think their prices exceed my "bike budget". Looking is free tho!
Likes For sovende: