Old 08-07-10, 09:27 PM
Laserman

Bikes: 15 Specialized Crosstrail, 83 Schwinn Traveller, Fuji Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Excellent Ride. MIH-Dave, petflunky and myself were the only ones who were there.
The weather was near perfect, mid 70's to start, low 80's at the end and low humidity.
We did encounter a charity walk on the closed portion of the road and nearly had to dive off onto the path as the walkers were taking up both lanes and most of the shoulders.
We took a dirt road off Hines into old town Plymouth and found a nice little deli on a corner where we rested and refueled.
The return trip was smooth with only a short delay as MIH-Dave's chain popped off.
I have ridden this area solo many times but I was surprised at how quick and easy it seemed with some company.
The quick part was entirely subjective, I'm not saying we were slow but we were twice passed by rollerbladers.
We left about 9:15 am and got back just before 2 pm. About 32 miles total.
MIH-Dave's wife met us at the end and snapped a picture of us at the trailhead. He will probably post it at some point.
There were hundreds of other riders out from people in their 70's to family groups with 5 year olds on training wheels to full kit roadies on a mission.
A very enjoyable ride and a very enjoyable day.