Old 11-04-14, 09:18 PM
Six jours

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Minton
wphamilton:

I mentioned my friend Professor Hurt, "Harry" to his friends: more about him later.

Even though he was a proponent of wearing helmets for safety's sake, he privately supported an individual's right to not wear one. He knew (better than almost anyone) the likely consequences of helmet-free collisions/impacts but thought that freedom of choice was more important (he was from West Texas after all). He, like I, only want those who choose not to wear a helmet to know what they actually face --- it ain't pretty.

Joe
You claim all this expertise (not to mention the "fact based life" business) but you write such nonsensical things. Getting run over by a car - just as an example - is "not pretty", regardless of whether the fellow is wearing a bit of foam on his head. Anybody who truly understands bicycle helmets and has first-hand experience with the results of car-bike collisions intuitively understand that. And anybody who truly believes that the results of not wearing a bicycle helmet can be expected to be "not pretty" is either a truly horrible cyclist or completely uninformed.