View Single Post
Old 11-05-14, 11:03 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Who knows, maybe wearing a helmet caused the break in my C-6 along with the compression and slippage of my C-5/C-6/C-7 when I hit the ground after being ejected from my bike 3 years ago. Who knows, maybe wearing a helmet prevented injuries when my head bounced upon hitting the ground after falling over doing a track stand or the time a friend clipped my front wheel at a slow 18mph and again my head bounced off the ground or when I dumped at 25.2mph during a roundabout encounter in a triathlon.

Can say for sure that the TBI my wife suffered when we were stopped at a traffic light and were rear ended by a car doing 60mph happened without hitting her head on anything in the car and just maybe, having the extra weight on her head from a helmet might have caused a neck injury.

Who knows**********?