Old 05-28-19, 07:53 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
I like trusting my intuition. it's there for a reason. I've often thought good times to skip riding roads include, holidays weekends beg. Friday mornings & stay off the roads until the following week. getting started again Tuesday or Wednesday. I also get bad feelings about changes in seasons. for example, when schools let out for the summer & the nature of the commuter traffic changes. I can't get hit riding on the road if I'm not riding on the road

as for reporting threats & assaults by motorists, even without "contact" or "evidence". I feel like not reporting it, is a mistake. when I make reports I don't wait for the cop on the phone to say anything like "there's nothing I can do, blah blah blah". the call is recorded. make your statement & repeat it. word for word. it helps to write it down & keep it short. describe the incident, the vehicle & the driver etc. stick to facts. abusive drivers are likely repeat offenders. it's not our job to connect the dots. that's for law enforcement. which they can not do if we neglect our responsibility to report one of those "dots". imagine if, in the same day, this same driver does the same thing to 3 ppl on bikes & none of them report it. now imagine if all 3 reported it. now go back to imagining those 3 ppl not reporting it, but there's a 4th incident, this time with an injury or death. after you make your report, if the cop says "we can't do anything" just repeat your report: "I called to report" & state the same thing. they now have it twice on recordings. we have no control over the police & what they do. we only have control over what we do. it's never a mistake to report a threat or an assault, even when there is no "contact" or "evidence"

anyway, that's the way I feel about it