Old 05-28-19, 09:44 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 505 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
......................Best wishes with the medical checkup. I have a followup with endocrinology in June to check for cancer in the remaining half of my thyroid. I can feel it and the lymph node area swelling, and the levothyroxine doesn't seem to be helping. Gotta admit, it preys on my mind if I'm not careful. Best thing for it is a vigorous bike ride, or a long spin on the indoor trainer while I'm watching a movie. Hard to dwell on bad stuff when I'm busy watching for critters and crazy drivers, or just sweating indoors.
Thanks and Back @ You. As DD sang, "....What Will Be Will Be...."

The half of thyroid I have left only has a few things happening that are stabilized and my Synthroid is doing a fair enough job to keep me just on the other side of the tracks so diet and exercise are paramount for some form of stability as life goes on.