Old 08-06-19, 07:14 AM
BFisher

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,898 Times in 889 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
So I have a pair of Weinmann 999 Vainqueur center-pulls as well as a pair of 605 side-pulls. I know the Vainqueurs work well and are reliable brakes, but with a current build I'd rather prefer to streamlined aspect of the 605s. Just due to the differences in the technology I'm sure the center-pulls work better, but my question is how much better? Do the 605s work well enough to hold their own?

Thanks!

-Gregory
It really is subjective. The differences are so small that setup, consumable parts, and personal preference for feel can and will lead different riders to different choices/opinions. Experience is the only way to know what you like and don't like, here.

Many people like Weinmann centerpulls. I don't. I am not alone in this, either. Many others don't like 605s, or 500s. I do. I only know this because I've used them all. I much prefer Mafacs to Weinmann CPs, even the levers.

Best thing would be to try each set and decide for yourself. Maybe your decision will surprise you. Maybe not. Then you can be sure.
Likes For BFisher: