View Single Post
Old 10-16-19, 05:27 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1453 Post(s)
Liked 2,196 Times in 963 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Beautiful find, Bob. Would have never guessed for one of these to work its way into your collection (then again, it's not a bike one thinks of finding). Curious what you think of it in comparison to your Cannondale fleet.

It says something about how ahead of its time Dura-Ace AX was that the 7700 crankset looks very similar to the original Dyna Drive set - more so than the 7400 series that came in between.

-Kurt
The DA 7700 crankset is a wonderful substitute for the original AX. It was the one thing I could see in the CL photo (which was out of focus) that I noticed was not original. I asked the owner about this and he said it was original to the bike. However, considering that it wasn't made until 1996, makes me wonder if he had forgotten replacing it. I didn't want to press him on this in person once I saw how emotional he was about his wife and selling the bike.

I'll let you know how it compares to the Cannondales. The owner said it was his most favorite bike to ride, especially to climb on, which he said was his biggest strength.

The Dura Ace AX Group vs. the Dura Ace 7700 Group.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Likes For pastorbobnlnh: