View Single Post
Old 05-29-15, 12:14 PM
Unkle Rico

Bikes: CENTURION / LOOK / Bianchi

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Gotcha. I have only used PC'ed stuff in the car relm, mainly rims and valve covers. Usually after a while the PC chips off where the head of the bolt/nut comes in contact with the PC hence my question about seat post clamp. I wish I had a local guy to do stuff like that and for that cheap! I'd PC everything

Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
Anodizing would have been my first choice because it's so freakin thin. But most shops have a minimum and it would have cost me $50.00 for one item. Anodizers can't mix batches of different grades of aluminum.

Powder coat is tough as hell and glossier than show car paint. It won't crack and is tough to scratch.

This is another reason why I powder everything.

2 rims
2 sprockets
1 seat post
1 handle bar
1 stem
2 hubs
2 crank arms
$65.00

And it's show quality. That includes, sand blasting, hand sanding, masking and plugging.

I'm really lucky to have this guy local. A bonus is, his son races BMX, so he knows bikes really well.
So rad! Again, wish i had something like that around here -- I've got a few ideas for little things that I can't seem to find on the market for bikes that I'd love to have made/make.

Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
I'm lucky. A buddy works for a huge machine shop that does gigantic projects for the mining companies in the area. So getting help on little trinkets like this is just a giggle for him/us.