View Single Post
Old 01-30-17, 05:04 PM
Gege-Bubu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by smarkinson
You should be able to use a pair of pliers to pull the cable stop (cup) out of the frame. You may need to do this on both ends. I wonder if the clear plastic sleeve is jammed into one or both of the cable stops as you shouldn't really be able to fit the plastic sleeve through them. This should allow you to pull out the clear plastic sleeve.

Once you have the plastic sleeve out reinsert the cable stops, cut a length of brake cable outer housing and insert this between the cable stops in the frame and brake. (Quick tip: Use proper cable cutters and insert spare brake cable into the outer housing when cutting to prevent crushing the housing). The outer housing will prevent the brake cable pulling straight between the two cable stops.

This picture might help. It looks like there is a quick release in the outer housing. I presume this is because the brake itself does not have a quick release. Placing a quick release in the outer housing allows the brake pads to be spread wider for easier replacement of the rear wheel.

I won't directly link the picture as it is very big:

https://raced.io/images/aero-chinese...mounted_bb.jpg
The picture is good, it is what my bike cable should look like after installation