Old 11-27-19, 12:48 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Well. so much for that forecast that said the rain in SoCal was going to move in on Wednesday afternoon. By the time I woke up and looked at the radar one big band had already passed through, and another was on the way. Could not time it right and had to get to work, so ended up going out into the rain. I don't mind getting caught in the rain, or having to ride home in it ... but going out into the rain is somehow mentally different.

It wasn't too bad, and I think I had a tailwind for most of it. The old rain coat is now pretty much just a coat - my teen-age son says, "I've literally never seen you wear that, Dad." "It never rains in California, son."

But it pours. Man, it pours. Hopefully, everything or at least most of it will have moved through by this evening. Otherwise it's gonna be cold, dark, wet, and windy. And traffic-y.