Old 05-19-20, 05:46 AM
ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
We are kind of working on the next step towards retirement. The ball really got rolling in 2018 when we bought the Delaware beach house. Then early in 2019, we decided to sell the townhouse in DC, which we did, but we kept an apartment in the DC area when I need to go there for work. But the reality is that I just don't spent much time there. Originally the plan was that we both go back and forth, so both of us have lots of clothes there, and all kinds of kitchen stuff, and various bits of furniture. But my wife really loves it at the beach, so she rarely wants to go back to town. I was back there this past weekend, but that was the first time I had been there since mid-March. So the question is, why even have this place? If I go back to DC so rarely for work, I can just get a hotel when I need to and save a bunch of money.

Back in late 2018 when we made the decision to sell the townhouse, we had the option of making the move more gradually and putting the thing on the market in 2020 and not 2019. We decided to bust our butts to get the thing sold in early 2019, and we are now glad we did. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it would be to try and sell real estate in today's market.
Likes For ericy: