View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 06:47 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Canker
Coming from the sane mountain bike world and not the nutty road biker world we flip them

And that is with hydraulic disc brakes OMG!!!!!!!! The whole flipping hydraulic disc brakes being bad thing is way WAY over blown. Yeah you might not want to store them upside down for long periods of time but a few mins won't hurt anything. Even if you do end up with spongy brakes from doing it you just squeeze the lever 3 or 5 or 10 times and they fix themselves 95.87% of the time.

Even on roadie rides I don't remember ever seeing anybody get a flat and not flip their bike to change it, I know I always have. Never had a pure roadie make any weird comments when I have had to change a flat. All my mountain bikes run tubeless now so the bike that has been flipped the most to change tubes is the road bike and it is also the only one that has 0 evidence of being flipped, no scratches from it. If anything I would give you an odd look for not flipping it since it makes everything so much easier.
MTBer also, flipping would mar my thumbies :-)

I can see under-the-chainstay U-brakes needing flipping on the trail, however.