Old 05-31-19, 03:32 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
ackermann is an interesting case. looking for him to contest whatever stages are sprinter doable in the vuelta. it’ll be interesting to see if he takes over bora’s top sprinter role with sagan focusing less on gt’s and more on spring classics/one day races. or if the team rocks both depending on the stage profiles. unsure of either rider’s contractual obligations so things could change tomorrow or in two years.
Is that a thing? I didn't see any news. Where is he cutting back? He couldn't ride less Giros. He's done la Vuelta about half the time, I think depending on what the World's course looks like. Le Tour?

Originally Posted by Caretaker
You're forgetting Sam Bennett who won 3 stages in Giro 2018.
That was a good year for him. I wonder what the Ackerman-Bennett dynamic is in the team. Anyway, Bora has been all present and accounted for at the Giro both of these years while Peter frolicks in sunny CA.

Originally Posted by slcbob
But who will work to make it a bunch sprint?

I say the break survives.
Can we pause for a moment and admire just how right I was? One could be scarcely be less right and still be right. It's a gift. And the humility to wear it in such a dignified way.