View Single Post
Old 10-18-19, 11:11 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by bartek.
How is the Hellyer after some month use? I'm very interested in this bars, thinking about 36mm as my main endurance handlebars (sphinx/sprinting including). I'm not sure but they look like there is no need to tilt them up and they should keep the aero top section with comfortable sphinx ride, am I right here? How is the flexibility after some more rides? I guess it's not 3T Scatto but...?
Hey,
After a few months (and a crash they survived - better than I did ) they've been good.
Despite what I said above, I do sort of wish they had just a little more drop after riding them a while, but that's an individual thing. Stiffness is good, although I'm not the strongest / best to ask. For me, I've got a tough time getting in sphinx for any real amount of time without something "sticking out" (like the old sphinx bars had / brifter hoods) just because I've got ****ty wrist flexibility, but they are made with that in mind so if you're able to do it on other bars, these will be a step up in comfort.

Overall happy I waited it out. I think there might be a couple of things they could adjust and them be a little better, but as to something you can just purchase without someone like Len Lochmiller customizing them for you, these are about as good as it gets.