Tourer

Bikes: 2016 Fuji touring, 2015 specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Lots of good looking bikes in this thread

A bunch of these machines you wouldn't even guess were Clydesdale piloted outside of some tweaks here and there (higher bars or sturdier wheels here and there ) ----- but a lot of full race high performance looking machinery in here too
right. Totally surprised the heck out of me too. Even some REAL clydes are riding these speed machines, and most (all) of what I see is quality stuff, quite creative stuff too. I’m in the middle of building my Clyde ride, but I’ll post once I’m done! It’s a 2016 fuji Touring that I converted to a 10 speed (rear) and built a dynamo wheel to power a sine wave headlight. By the way I used a mavic a319 in true Big guy fashion!
ok, here’s a sneak peek...

This is a 2016 nashbar Touring (aka Fuji Touring) accept it is isnt. It’s been powder coated. You can see the Clyde wheel (Mavic a319, hand built).

Why is there a surly cross-check fork on a Nashbar Touring? Front end collision. Good thing the crappy old fork crumpled long ago. Probably better this way

Salmon compound brake pads.

Hand built Mavic a 319 laced to a Shimano dynamo hub with wheel smith butted spokes (built by me)

A Cane Creek 40 to replace the less-than-desirable generic headset

Here it is on 2 wheels (the front is one that I put on just to see the damned thing on 2 wheels). Not to just wait for my Gevenalle shifters, which are delayed from covid.

And here is my daily driver. Going to mod a few things, but this Pack Rat is such a good bike for people like us right off of the shelf!! Best I’ve ever felt on a bicycle (until I finish the Nash.)

hope you enjoyed! More to come!
Likes For Cpn_Crank: