Cpn_Crank
Tourer

Bikes: 2016 Fuji touring, 2015 specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cpn_Crank
right. Totally surprised the heck out of me too. Even some REAL clydes are riding these speed machines, and most (all) of what I see is quality stuff, quite creative stuff too. I’m in the middle of building my Clyde ride, but I’ll post once I’m done! It’s a 2016 fuji Touring that I converted to a 10 speed (rear) and built a dynamo wheel to power a sine wave headlight. By the way I used a mavic a319 in true Big guy fashion!
ok, here’s a sneak peek...

This is a 2016 nashbar Touring (aka Fuji Touring) accept it is isnt. It’s been powder coated. You can see the Clyde wheel (Mavic a319, hand built).

Why is there a surly cross-check fork on a Nashbar Touring? Front end collision. Good thing the crappy old fork crumpled long ago. Probably better this way

Salmon compound brake pads.

Hand built Mavic a 319 laced to a Shimano dynamo hub with wheel smith butted spokes (built by me)

A Cane Creek 40 to replace the less-than-desirable generic headset

Here it is on 2 wheels (the front is one that I put on just to see the damned thing on 2 wheels). Not to just wait for my Gevenalle shifters, which are delayed from covid.

And here is my daily driver. Going to mod a few things, but this Pack Rat is such a good bike for people like us right off of the shelf!! Best I’ve ever felt on a bicycle (until I finish the Nash.)

hope you enjoyed! More to come!
Originally Posted by jim dandy
Cpn_Crank,
Thanks for the compliments. The Italian Job Two finished well after a rough start ... years of crud, decals, and a search for a Mavic/Campagnolo wheel set. All my brifters have been Shimano, so this Campagnolo Avanti set was a learning experience but fun to use.
Have you posted your Fuji and Specialized on this thread? I’d like to see them.
Regards, JD Dallas
Yeah dude, I can tell you have put some love into it. A true beauty. What kind of mavics are you using? I couldn’t see in the picture.

above are the Fuji (technically nashbar) touring being redone (I posted above) and the specialized, I will post below

Here’s the specialized

Some zipp bars suited it nicely
Likes For Cpn_Crank: